When submitting a complaint, please:
- Address your letter of complaint to the Executive Director of the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia.
- State that you are submitting a complaint.
- the name and registration number (if known) of the nurse
- dates nurse employed by you or at your facility
- nurse’s area of employment
- nurse’s category of employment (e.g., full-time, part-time,
- dates of any know transfers, leaves or terminations
- List and number the incidents about which you are complaining. Give the following details:
- date(s) and time(s) of incident(s)
- locations where incident(s) occurred (e.g., room number,
conference room, home)
- initials or identification numbers of patient (if applicable).
- description of the incident(s), and
- names of those who may have witnessed the incident(s).
- Letters of complaint should be marked ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ and addressed to: Executive Director, College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia, 4005-7071 Bayers Road, Halifax, NS B3L 2C2.
For further information on submitting a complaint please review the information pamphlets in Related Resources.